When you sign up for MyCoolClass, you’re not just applying for an online teaching job. Our teachers become members and co-owners of the cooperative and actively participate in the success of the business. Our cooperative is basically an international group of professional online teachers who came together to build something better.
All qualified, passionate and awesome teachers are welcome to apply, regardless of their language, location, nationality, race, identity, age, religion or who they love.
Please read the Membership Agreement below before applying to understand the responsibilities of joining our cooperative. If you have any further questions, you can send us a message.
Register an Account
The name you use here will appear on our marketplace so you can be creative and choose something appealing.
Avoid using your full name to protect your privacy.
*For other subjects or skills, you should be able to demonstrate that you’re qualified to teach the classes and courses you offer. If a certificate or degree doesn’t apply to what you teach, e.g. guitar teacher, your experience and past work should be reflected in your CV /resume.
To be eligible for membership as a teacher,
and to maintain membership once admitted, a person must:
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Never have been convicted of a violent of sexual offense in any country and be willing to submit to a criminal background check at any time.
- Provide proof of their identity by submitting a clear high-quality photo of either: passport or government-issued ID card and birth certificate.
- Complete all required Member profile data and keep updated with any changes.
- Be able to accept payment by MyCoolClass’ payment system Wise, or bank transfer if a UK bank account.
- Stay informed about co-operative news, meetings, and events.
- Promote MyCoolClass and co-operatives in a positive light and make a conscious effort to take part in the co-operative, including attending General Meetings.
- Subscribe to purchase the minimum shareholding of £1.
- Pay a platform onboarding fee. Applicants who are approved and verified to teach must pay an onboarding fee between £5-£25 as according to our fee schedule within 7 days. The onboarding fee is non-refundable and will convert to a £1 Member share (see 9) after completing the probationary period and being granted Membership.
- After achieving Membership, starting on their first ‘birthday’ and each concurrent ‘birthday’, each user Member will pay an annual Membership fee equivalent to the onboarding fee. This will be deducted from the user Members’ account each year.
- 19% of platform teaching fees will be deducted by the co-operative to cover business overheads, provide Member benefits, and contribute to the general fund. The 19% deduction is not refundable.
- Have provided 50 hours of time through the MCC platform. This can be in the form of teaching lessons, attending meetings, assisting other members in their professional development, performing administrative or other work for MyCoolClass, and other activities recognised by the board as having made a contribution to the Co-op.
- Teacher Users may have their lessons viewed by admin staff during the 50-hour probationary period.
- Satisfactorily complete a co-operative training and induction process. Training will consist of reading and familiarizing themselves with the MyCoolClass Handbook, a selection of texts and videos about what a worker cooperative is, and MyCoolClass governance and structure.
- If training is not completed during the 50-hour period, the teacher will be notified and given 7 days to complete the training, unless special circumstances apply (such as illness or family emergency), and discretion should be used by admin. If the training is not completed, the teacher will be removed from the platform.
- Submit proof of qualifications and/or certificates to teach each subject, course, or skill which they offer on the platform. All documents are subject to verification and qualifications will be determined to be satisfactory or not satisfactory by admin staff.
- If teacher has an active account on the platform, they must regularly have a minimum of 8 hours open per week on their schedule. This does not include leaves, holidays, vacations. This is open to negotiation with the Director of Operations.
- If a teacher takes leave of absence for longer than two weeks, they must contact admin staff at [email protected]. All teachers inactive without approval for more than 3 months will be removed from the platform and their teacher account will become inactive.
- Teachers are expected to help promote MyCoolClass and uphold the brand image.
- Maintain regular involvement with the Co-operative via Basecamp or the Members’ Zone.
- Follow instructions from administrative staff related to the proper functioning of the platform e.g. maintaining your teacher profile on the Marketplace.
- Teachers must have a laptop computer with webcam and reliable internet with stable connection.
- Teachers may not offer any lessons, packages, courses, or webinars that are prohibited in the Handbook (e.g. bible study, pseudoscience, making weapons).
- Teacher/Users and Members agree to confidentiality of MyCoolClass business and financial information that is not in the public domain.